fun facts about the lust of currency series.
- It took 30 minutes-3.5 hours to make each bodypainting.
- Trina Merry and her team have been working on this series for about one and a half years.
- There are 34 total works in this series plus four Warhol “Money” pieces.
- This exhibition sold out at Con Artist Gallery last June in only 3 days. Trina has since added 13 new works.
- After Trina made da Vinci's "Salvator Mundi”, which she titled “$127,500,000” it resold at auction for a whopping $450,300,000. It’s the first time she’s ever had to change the name of the artwork.
- Basquiat’s “Untitled”* sold at auction for $150,000,000 the week of the exhibition so Trina created this piece live at Con Artist Gallery to include it among the top 20 highest priced artworks.
- The Tate Modern currently has some the Picasso’s and Modigliani’s on featured exhibitions. Trina saw both exhibitions while in London.
- The "$165,000,000 (Lichtenstein)” and "$135,000,000 (Klimt)” were featured at Red Dot Miami with Lemon Frame Gallery. She created “$92,500,000 (Picasso)” live.
- “$80,000,000 (Johns)” was filmed by FOX News 5*. Trina did it in about 30 minutes with assistant Katy Rameriez.
- “$80,000,000 (Warhol)” was painted by Trina twice- once for video and once in studio. The first one will be making its debut at Superfine! Art Fair.
- Trina printed a massive 60x40” framed print of “$78,400,000 (Renoir)” for her dining area.
- Trina loved seeing “Loving Vincent” as there were several of his works featured this series
- “$71,500,000 (Van Gogh)” and "$94,500,000 (Lichtenstein)” are Trina’s two favorite new works as they have a high level of detail and technical accuracy.
- THIS (Pollock) and THIS (Modigliani) were featured by ARTE TV in special documentaries.
- “$69,000,000 (Modigliani)” was created live at the performance team’s annual Christmas party. It will also be on exhibition this month in a 24x36” size for “Nude Attitude” in Peoria, Chicago (unaltered stretched canvas print). This image and $94,500,000 (Lichtenstein) are the two most liked images from this series on Trina’s Instagram
VIEW FULL SERIES CATALOG